Tuesday, June 16

Oh Deer!

I recently discovered a small stag sculpture in Japanese restaurant Wood Spoon (Smith St, Collingwood). I begun researching and found that they are becoming quite popular in home ware and interior design stores.I quickly became very intrigued as to the way they are compiled, like a three dimensional jigsaw, simelar to those dinosaur children toys. So in order to discover how these tricky little wall sculptures are made I've decided to create my own!

Here are the templates for my sculpture (stacked ontop of eachother). I am yet to cut out these shapes in wood, and find some way to connect them all to create form. I was thinking of painting the deer and finishing with a shiny top coat varnish, havent got a clue as for colours yet, got any ideas?...Keep you posted on my progress.

Image Credits: businessweek.com & casasugar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is Emmerge?

My photo
Melbourne, Australia
To understand is to lie.

Past always haunts.

Sheep